Friday, August 1, 2008

QRZ SUCCUMBS TO THE THOUGHT POLICE

What a shame, Seems Fred over on QRZ has turned that fine website over to
the thought police.

You can't say the word HITLER without getting the thread shut down. And
the reason is some people, heck I don't know what the reason is. I went
Wikepedia page and I guess I'm stupid, cuz it makes zero sense to me.

I was under the impression that in a FREE SOCIETY, like this one is
supposed to be, we could reasonably discuss all sorts of things without
resorting to CENSORSHIP. Which is exactly what has just happened on
QRZ.

He also pulled down the Political Junkey page, which I hardly ever bothered
with. Just go over and read his comments yourself. It's his page so he can
do as he wants. And I have a right to comment if I want.

Anyone want to comment about it here? I promise not to censor you. In fact
I will open it back up. Just play nice.

Dan/W4NTI

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was tempted to post "Hitler" in every thread I could find since thats all it takes to get one locked. I thought better of it, who wants to be banned like Toddy and Marky and Caroline?

Dan/W4NTI said...

HI HI....The ban on the word Hitler seems not to be a problem on TV. Heard it last night on FOX News.

QRZ pulls down a thread because some one sent in their view of using Hitler on the internet on what was it? Wikedelphia or something?

Can't you go there and put whatever you want in for a definition? Wow...this could get interesting.

Almost as stupid as self policing.

Dan/W4NTI

Anonymous said...

you have only yourself and that of your freinds to blame

you have been bulling folks for years colectively and you finaly got burned for it

take your meds like a man

I too was tempted by the Hitler remark to do much the same

Dan/W4NTI said...

Excuse me, don't you have your finger pointing in the wrong direction?

Looks to me like there was a nice decent conversation going on. Then certain people with DUB in their call got their panties in a wad. And not for the first time.

Personally I don't give a lot of credibility to a 20 year old, brand new no code General with less time than I have in the latrine giving a opinion that should be considered, let alone respected.

Dan/W4NTI