Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just figured out what we need to do.

Seems to me this country went to hotel about the time the hippies tried to take over the society. If you all remember back then we had the Military Draft. And a big part of the hippies thing was to refuse to be drafted. The ones that didn't run to Canada and actually got drafted, made pretty good Soldiers for the most part. They knew they had two years to do, put up with the lifers for that time and the're done.

I was one of those lifers. As a matter of fact I joined the Military before the Gulf of Tonkin in 1964. And during the 70s I was a Army Sergeant, meaning I pushed troops along with my regular job. I was in Germany during that time and I got along fine with the draftees.

What I'm getting to is this country needs the draft back. Why? well one thing we need more troops to fight the Terrorists worldwide. But the reason we need to draft in my mind is to save the USA from self destruction. Yep, that's what I said.

Look....you get up to 18 and you either hang around the hood, selling drugs or whatever, or go to college...IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT. OR you give up 2 years of your life and learn how to GROW UP. Yep....GROW UP.

That's the problem. The youth of today are taught the Liberal BS Line by the survivors of the Haight Ashbury crowd and what we get is a bunch of know it all's with no direction or purpose.

I realise that the wannabe hippies out there won't like this plan. But Basic Training can do wonders for you. It will build muscles, create confidence and you will learn when to shut the heck up. Not to mention how to shoot well.

Can you just imagine a David Tolassi humping the trail in the Ia Drang Valley and making those helicopter sounds and making like he has no idea what is happening? The Platoon leader would make him wish he never heard of the Green Machine.

Or folks like those 9 landers and free speech and pedophilia and somomy. Anyone want to take book on how long they would last in the baracks? Anyone seen the lye soap and Army Blanket....oh man I'd buy tickets for that show. One thing about the military. You either get with it, or wish you did....BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lets talk to those losers in Congress and point this out to them. Heck, maybe we can get them to join the Army too.

Dan/W4NTI

12 comments:

Erik's RV Blog said...

I agree, the draft would wake this country up again, however the lefties would freak out and use the ACLU and every other trick to get out of their responsibility.

It's for others to do, they just want to be around to use Government resources to get out of working or thinking for themselves. Why do for yourself when you can take the easy way out and get someone lese to pay the way.

Erik's RV Blog said...

EDIT, Why do for yourself when you can take the easy way out and get someone else to pay the way.

Dan/W4NTI said...

erik,

Well that's the point. There would be no way to avoid it. All of those deferements would be gone.

You get to age 18, your drafted. Want to be an officer? Fine, do your 2 years, get out and go to College. Then join ROTC and be back.

Married and have kids? That's fine to. My family lived in government quarters for a long while. Went to Military schools and when they had to go to US Public schools were so bored because they had that subject years ago. Catch the drift here?

Women want "rights" we will draft you too.

Dan/W4NTI

Anonymous said...

well Dan one of the things you don't understand is the number of guys esp that learn they are Gay or BI in Basic training I know I was one of them yes Miliatary training has value and want a real real shock I agree we should have a draft

although personal I perfer some of form of service option 2 years in the army or 6 years as a cop or fireman stuff like that

I know you advocate viuoence against people like myself but that shows YOUR mental malfunction

Anonymous said...

We advocate violence against people who post images of children naked on the web you sick prick.

Anonymous said...

Mark Morgan, lying, distorting the truth, and hiding behind a mental condition and his sexual perversions. What a sicko!

Dan/W4NTI said...

Marky,

What I would give for a time machine and YOU in my Platoon for just 1 week.

Dan/W4NTI

Anonymous said...

I would liked to have had Karol,Dave,Todd,and Mark with me at Hue,Khe Shon,or Bin Hoa. They would have shit their shelfs. But then they would have landed in LBJ just to get out of combat....
Hank

Anonymous said...

For background—which informs my early military career and in part shaped my character and thus explains my professional training in military protocol: I was prepared to be quite the asset to any combat unit in the field.

Be that as it may, I labouriously toiled during my distinguished military service in a diligent and non-perfunctory manner to maintain all literary material in accordance with specified Dewey Decimal System (DDS) organisation, with all that entails.

Anonymous said...

Karol, a call to people who know you said you were the best at cleaning toilets and all that entails. In fact, they said you were so good you even used your fingernails to scrape off crap and used your own toothbrush to clean the tile. Good boy Karol, service with distinction with all that entails!

Anonymous said...

you do get tright the fact you don't know what you are talking about

as far as I can tell you never do

OTOH your action and esp the tone of your wrtings convince that you are very likely the author of that pandering note which of course means no false report occoured

Anonymous said...

Marqueer didn't even make it past Basic.